St John’s Ministries is pleased to announce the birth of St. John’s Holy Smokes. We have partnered with Leadership Green Bay on this project for community building and relations. Leadership Green Bay has provided all fundraising efforts to make this a reality for the guests of St. Johns Ministries.
What is the mission of St. Johns Holy Smokes?
• Our homeless guests will have the opportunity to learn a culinary art they will be able to take with them after they leave St John’s.
• We want our homeless guests to receive exposure in the community so there is a positive impact and the stigma surrounding homelessness is diminished. We are hoping the community will view them as viable members of society.
• Be able to share with the community the value of Leadership Green Bay and how its mission has added value to the lives of our homeless and the community.
• The greater Green Bay community will be able to interact with homeless guests at the same time learn a skill in the fifth-largest industry in Wisconsin. A goal of this project would be for us to be a pipeline of trained and service-ready associates for the Green Bay foodservice industry.
• Bringing the community together over a great plate of smoked BBQ meat and incorporating our homeless as valued members of society.
Our model is to be a fully-funded nonprofit with a BBQ trailer (St. John’s Holy Smokes) that can serve the Green Bay community through food. We want to instill a sense of “giving back” through donations from our generous community that will totally support our operations.
Look for us at events this summer. These are places you can find us to enjoy some BBQ:
Thursday, July 21 at Badger State Brewing (990 Tony Canadeo Run, Green Bay)
Saturday, August 20 at Rock the Dock (Green Bay’s City Deck – 301 N Washington St, Green Bay)
Friday, August 26 at ArtStreet (2881 S Broadway, Green Bay)