Creative Fundraising Ideas
Want to help raise money to benefit the most vulnerable in our community? Whether it’s a major fundraising event, a yard sale or your kids selling lemonade on the corner, we are so grateful for your support! With your compassion and a little creativity, we can reach out together to help many of our homeless brothers and sisters.
Try one of these ideas, or come up with one on your own!
- Sell a Meal – Volunteers donate homemade meals to sell.
- Bake Sale – Get baked goods donated to sell at a big event.
- Yard Sale – Tried and true, and it almost always reaps good dividends.
- Change It – Start a competition between classes, families or individuals by giving them each a coin jar to collect change for a designated amount of time. The one with the most collected wins a prize.
- Skip a Meal – Sponsors commit to giving up a meal together and give the money saved to St. John’s Ministries.
- Rent-a-Worker – Volunteers commit to helping for an afternoon doing any odd jobs sponsors “hire” them to do.
- Cookbook – Group members offer their best family recipes for a cookbook that can be sold to raise funds for St. John’s Ministries.
- Give It Up – Sponsors commit to giving up a regular activity (such as buying a coffee every day, going to the movies or eating out) for a month and donate the money they save to St. John’s Ministries.
- Eat for a Cause – Ask a local restaurant to donate a percentage of their profits on a designated night for St. John’s Ministries in exchange for encouraging supporters to eat there.
- Redeem Store Points – Consider redeeming the points you’ve accumulated through your favorite stores’ membership programs (e.g. Costco, Walgreens and Target), and purchase items from our list of current needs.